I was cruising the web this weekend and found a great list of Small Business Podcasts. Everything from Leadership to Home Based Businesses. Podcasts have become a regular source of education for me. I subscribe and sync them to both my iPhone and iPad, which makes it so convenient to listen to them at anytime. And, since I really don’t care for the radio anymore, I link my iPhone to my car radio and play them whenever I’m driving! It’s truly amazing how much information I can learn driving to and from work.
One of the things I enjoy most about podcasts is the “realness” of the information. Often times the podcast is being done by an expert or someone with experience in their field. Not some book jockey or hyped-up life coach some celebrity found and decided to promote. Most of the time, podcasts are created by successful individuals who love to share their knowledge and expertise. It’s like a having a Leadership Forum or Business Coach driving along with me to work.
Podcasts are just one of the many ways that technology can advance business. Sure, podcasts aren’t fancy applications like a robust CRM – but they are an easy to use, easy to share technology for those seeking education and knowledge (and freedom from the obnoxious radio).
I really enjoyed the entire list of Podcasts. But, here is a quick list of my top 5 favs!
- Six Pixels of Separation – With Mitch Joel. Mitch talks about digital marketing, new media and personal branding.
- Sales Podcast – With Shane Gibson. Shane is talking about sales force leadership, new entrepreneur development, social media marketing and how to close bigger deals.
- Duct Tape Marketing — By John Jantsch. John provides interviews with influential marketing professionals and those who demonstrate advanced marketing tactics.
- HBR IdeaCast – By Harvard Business Review. A weekly audio podcast, gathering analysis and advice of the leading minds in management.
- Entrepreneur’s Journey — By Yaro Starak. Yaro provides specific help to those starting and running Internet businesses such as how to take payments online, sell ebooks or launch a new product.